Joseph Pobiner joined H&A Architects & Engineers as the director of planning. Pobiner has planned projects in 24 countries and is a fellow of the American Institute of Certified Planners.
Eagle Construction of VA promoted Phillip Glaeser to strategic brand manager and Maggie Miller to creative director. Glaeser joined Eagle Construction in 2009 and led the firm’s marketing efforts. Miller joined in 2010 and designed lifestyle and educational displays for the company.
Dominion announced several staff changes:
Senior Vice President M. Stuart Bolton Jr. retired from the company after 37 years.
Shannon L. Venable has become vice president of information technology.
Thomas R. Bean became senior vice president for financial management (generation).
Patricia G. Shell has become vice president of financial analysis.
Michele L. Cardiff has been promoted to vice president and general auditor.
The following Richmond businesspeople will serve as volunteer ambassadors for this year’s United Way of Greater Richmond and Petersburg fundraising campaign:
• Maggi Beckstoffer, president, MBM Marketing
• Yvonne Brandon, superintendent, Richmond Public Schools
• David P. Budinger, associate director, McGuire Veterans Hospital
• Matthew E. Cheek, partner, Williams Mullen
• Donna C. Craver, partner, KPMG
• Brig. Gen. Scott W. Jansson, commander, DLA Aviation
• Michael R. Lomax, executive vice president for Central Virginia, SunTrust Bank
• Byron Marshall, chief administrative officer, City of Richmond
• Cynthia K. Morgan, publisher, Petersburg Progress-Index
• Shannon Venable, vice president for information technology, Dominion Resources
• James L. Phillips, managing partner, KPMG
• S. Buford Scott, chairman of BB&T Scott & Stringfellow
• Thomas R. “Tom” Byrd, founder of the Take Care Group and chairman of Greater Richmond Fit4Kids
Kaleen Kitay joined PartnerMD as the second physician in the McLean practice. Kitay previously worked for Prosperity Internal Medicine in Fairfax.
Kenitra Newton has joined Safe Harbor Title. Newton has more than 20 years of experience in the insurance and settlement industry.
Michael J. Innes joined Cary Street Partners as a managing director. Innes has more than 15 years of experience in corporate finance and investment banking, and he will work with health-care and life science companies.
BrownGreer PLC hired Janet S. Moyers as senior counsel. Before joining BrownGreer, Moyers practiced in the product liability and litigation management department at McGuireWoods. The firm also announced that the following four attorneys have been promoted to counsel:
• Michael E. Palmer, who joined the firm in 2011 and oversees a specialized claims review team
• Nancy C. Rachlis, who joined in 2011 and trained claims reviewers and oversaw data accuracy projects
• Ian M. Richetti, who joined in 2010 to assist in the claims review process
• Jessica E. Stankus, who joined in 2011 and worked with accountants on payment issues for a claims evaluation program
Williams Mullen announced that Dena M. Wengert has joined the law firm as director of human resources. She has more than 20 years of experience in the field.
Charles E. James Jr. also joined Williams Mullen as a partner. James was previously the chief deputy attorney general in Virginia.
ChemTreat Inc. announced the following promotions:
• Jim Kanuth has been promoted to technical support engineer.
• Ronnie Bingham has been promoted to manager, paper and technology
• James Wilkins has been promoted to technical specialist.
• Joe Keating has been promoted to business unit director, C&I.
Mark Hood joined Mason-McDuffie Mortgage to open the California-based company’s second Richmond location. The new office is at 2060 Buford Road in Bon Air. A graduate of Virginia Commonwealth, Hood has been in the mortgage industry for 25 years.
Curtis M. Mummau is being promoted to senior vice president at Cushman & Wakefield | Thalhimer. Mummau is assuming the responsibilities from Steven B. Brincefield, who is retiring at the end of this year after 38 years of service.
Pamela Heflin Strieffler also joined Thalhimer as the firm’s vice president in its Richmond office. Strieffler worked at Thalhimer from 1999 through 2005.
Justin Cooley joined Networking Technologies and Support as a deskside support specialist.